Rhinoplasty Top Ten Frequently Asked Recovery Questions
January 11, 2016 | Uncategorized
The Top Ten FAQ’s After Rhinoplasty (Week #1)
The following information with help provide some basic information about the rhinoplasty recovery process.
- When do I start my medications?
Start the antibiotic the evening of the operation
Start the Steroid the evening of the operation. Take the last day single dose that night. Then the next day start with day #1 of the taper.
- How long do I sleep in a head elevated position?
- How long will I have sinus pressure?
For one week. It will end when the internal splints are removed.
- When should I start light activity such as walking?
The day of the operation if you are comfortable, but certainly the next day.
- When do I start nasal saline spray and antibiotic ointment?
The day of the operation
Spray the nasal saline in each nostril 4 times daily.
Place some bacitracin antibiotic ointment just in the inner rim of the nostrils twice daily with a cotton swab
- Is it normal to have some bleeding?
- When can I shower?
The day after surgery, but the splint must be kept dry. It is best not to attempt to wash your hair or face in the shower. Also it is good to use lukewarm water. Hot water can cause sweating. That and the steam can make the splint detach from the nose.
- How long do I need to have someone around to help?
At least 24 hours. But you might not feel well enough to drive for a full 7 days.
- If I have bruising under my eyes how long will it be present?
7-10 days generally
Arnica Montana and Bromelain can help make it go abate faster
- What do I do if I have a concern or need to have a question answered?
Call the office. During business hours you can speak to someone in our staff. After hours the recording will give directions on how to have me contacted.